Friday, July 15, 2011

Comment to Traci -Week 2

Traci said:

It has been quite a journey to gain access to this book. After several attempts to download it, without success, I had to download an audio version in order to complete this assignment. I am not sure if this is a blessing or a curse, but I will persevere!
The Art of Possibility is requiring me to reflective upon my life in a variety of ways.
I believe the book helps the reader imagine transforming or redefining goals, perspectives and ideas.
Desire, perspective, invent, fine tune and opportunity are words that are used throughout the first four chapters. Throw yourself into life, what can you invent that can offer you more choices and the idea that species are fine tuned to receive information necessary for survival are nuggets from the book that stood out for me.
The authors bring so much information to the table that makes the reader think, reflect and take hold of the opportunities that present him or herself. In some chapters I thought of my students and in others I saw myself.
As an art teacher, I could really appreciate the initial concepts of this book. I think this book would help my students to broaden their thinking and encourage creativity in each artwork. I love the idea of the artist stringing events into story lines even if they seem to have no direct connection.
I believe this book speaks to creative individuals and people that are at a crossroad in their lives, because it challenges our thinking and asks us how far are we willing to go to experience life.
This is short and sweet until I can hunt down a physical copy of this book, you can't highlight an audiobook!


My Respond:

agree that the author is making the reader think and reflect on their opportunity. It also allows us to think and reflect on the opportunity we present to their students. Praising a mistake and learning from it what an awesome concept.

Hope you can download your book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment