Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week Three Reading

I really enjoyed chapter 5 and the story about the conductor and how he wanted to be personable with his orchestra. The members of the orchestra thought highly of him but were not personal with him. He received all the credit and praise but did not play or perform in the concert.

It is important to acknowledge all parts involve in a piece. The more you show appreciation for the whole group the more successful your project will be. If you tend to make every part count and special, you will get the most out of your group.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is important to recognize all the pieces to a whole. As the old saying goes, "There is no 'I' in 'Team'". I think a lot of times people forget that old saying and wish to take credit for a project all on their own or not to give credit where credit is due.

    I have been guilty of sitting back and not being personable, and for so many years I have blamed it on being shy. I am shy, but my lips work, my brain works, and sometimes, I feel that I should have bigger roles in things than I have. Sometimes....actually, a lot of times, it just takes that one leap to realize something new (like June in Chap 6).

    ReplyDelete