Sunday, March 2, 2014

Learning Theories and Instruction Reflection


Reflection
I love to learn new things. But through this course I now have a deeper understanding of how I learned and why some things are more interesting to me then others. In the beginning of this lesson I was interest in learning how the brain process information. In our week two discussion we talk about the brain and how it process information. We also mention that that different factors can alter out brain function and cause it to sometimes missed process information. I have never really given that a thought until then.
I had once studied Gardner’s Multiple Intelligent theory but had never taken a look at the learning theory matrix (behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, and connectivism). I really believe in the fact that every child can learn just not all in the same way. But I had only view this concept through the eyes of Gardner. Studying the learning theory matrix and all of it concepts was by far the most surprising and informative piece of material in this course.
I had always pride myself on being visual learning. As I mention in earlier discussion I have gained a deeper understanding about the various learning theories and styles during the course of this class. I fell in love with Gardner’s Multiple Intelligent theory a couple of years earlier but through this course I have a deeper and better understanding of the different learning styles. I believe that all children can learn but not all in the same way and on the same day. I’ve taken learning inventory and knew that I was not a visual learner but had other learning intelligent as well. With the help of this course I now know that learning is done through progression and development differently at different stages of life. This was equally evident in Bill Kerr’s blog on _isms.  Kerr wrote “It seems to me that each _ism is offering something useful without any of them being complete or stand alone in their own right” (Kerr, 2007). In a sense we need to incorporate all the learning theories together in order to completely get an value and sound education.

Kerr, B. (2007, January 01). [Web log message]. Retrieved from http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/01/isms-as-filter-not-blinker.html

No comments:

Post a Comment