Friday, January 10, 2014

Instructional Design Blogs for Week 1


Hello, this is Tonneche Brown. I am excited to be blogging on the current topic of Instructional Design. I look at several sites that I believe with be a helpful resources for me as I complete this journey and even beyond. Below are the three sites I found to be the more exciting and interesting to me.

Cammy Bean’s Learning Visions - Cammy Bean lends her 15 years of experience with instructional design to this blog. She has links to many instructional design resources, as well as information for those just getting started on the road to an instructional design degree. I love the great many resources that Cammy has on her blog.

http://cammybean.kineo.com/


Flirting w/ eLearning – This blog is maintained by Nicole Legault, a fairly recent graduate with an Instructional Design degree. She outlines her experiences with instructional design and is a great resource for beginners and recent graduates who want to get a feel for the field. This blog sites has a lot of information on social media and that can be very helpful to me in the future as an ID.

http://flirtingwelearning.wordpress.com/

Upside Learning Blog - This is a good blog for those new to instructional design or just curious about the subject. Material is presented for students, recent graduates, and rookies to the field. It also contains links to other informative blog. I believe that this sites will be very helpful for me in the beginning. It’s easy to read and understand.

http://www.upsidelearning.com/blog/

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tonneche-
    I am very interested in getting the perspectives of Instructional Designers in the field, so I took a look at the blog you suggested: http://flirtingwelearning.wordpress.com/
    My current employer is a large healthcare company that provides best-in-class training programs to their employees. Many of the these trainings are now handled using virtual technology. It appears the writer does a lot of analysis for e-learning solutions and also deals with analyzing when training is truly needed or just wanted. I think in the corporate environment, these type of decisions will need to be made on a regular basis. She also provides helpful tips and templates within technologies such as Articulate and Adobe Photoshop, which I think will be helpful.

    ReplyDelete